Friday, March 13, 2009

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Hi guys! See I've not fallen off the face of the earth. Some folks have asked what we have been up too, I replied not much, then I started thinking about it. We have done many things, piano, scouts, art appreciation, teen scenes, and on and on. Currently we are trying to get ready for our upcoming Spring Break which means we will go on a cruise. Brianna wanted to make money for a Nintendo DS to take with her, she had hoped a yard sale would help her. She actually had enough for a used one and one game so she bought it, but the yard sale did not help her much. In a few weeks we are going to have another yard sale with a friend who had an awesome yard sale last week and see if we can't raise some funds for spending money for the kids while on our cruise. So we will go through the house some more, I'm sure we can find some more things, so we can have another yard sale. I still have both kids rooms I think could be cleaned out more, and the game cabinet, then there are a couple of cabinets in the kitchen.... Okay that is not what I really wanted to post about.

Alex had an orthodontist appointment this week and it was not good. You know the feeling you got when you were called into the Principal's office? Well I get that feeling when my teenager goes in to see a doctor and the doctor comes out and calls me back, that is never good. Alex's bite has moved somewhat, and since he has had TMJ before braces his bite is now considered in the risky category. They did a panoramic x-ray to make sure he had no arthritic problems, which I am thankful that was negative. But the bite problem remains and the orthodontist, Dr. McKinney, feels he needs to go back in the braces, hopefully for only 6 months. We both talked to Alex about the importance of following exactly what he is told to do and hope it gets through the hard head he has. Dr. McKinney is the best orthodontist in my opinion and if anyone needs an orthodontist and I would recommend him highly. Alex went into braces the year Bri started Kindergarten, and he was in 6th grade, he stayed in braces for 3 years, and has been followed since then very closely by Dr. McKinney. In fact, Dr. McKinney said he was putting Alex back in the braces at no charge to me! He totally rocks! I paid him initially for the braces and he has not charged me one dime in 5 years. Granted braces are VERY expensive, but he has done alot for Alex so I find him to be reasonable. Of course I have been told Bri needs braces so I'm sure Dr. McKinney and I will have an ongoing relationship for several years to come and yes I will owe him again before long. We are currently taking donations for Bri's teeth in a few years if anyone feels inclined to give.

On another completely different note, Bri has decided she just can't take another day of karate. So she has stepped out of that she finds it very boring and can't wait to sign up for dance in August. Alex on the other hand is having a blast with it. He is going to a tournament tomorrow in Montgomery, and we have to leave the house at 6 a.m., I suggested we just spend the night, Eddie laughed. I was not kidding. I usually GET UP at 6 a.m., but I am in no way ready to leave at 6 a.m. I guess that is why I'm in rebellion about even dressing today. I think I'll just wait until tonight and take a bath and dress then go to bed and be ready to leave in the morning as soon as I wake. Okay there is the wrinkled clothes, but who will really be looking at the mother anyway. After karate yesterday I had a very indepth talk with Sensi/Pastor McCann. For those who do not know where the kids take karate is in a church and the Sensi is also the pastor of that church. I love this man, he is so nice and patient with the kids and the parents. One of the kids had his nose possibly broken by another kid and he has been so good to both families involved, the child was not mine thankfully. Our conversation started out with one of the kids asking him if he had seen the movie Legend, which he had, but did not really get that into the movie. The kid went on to ask him if he noticed how the movie was one of the few movies that actually stated there was a God, he said he had completely missed that. He was really surprised too, "I'm a pastor and I did not even catch that", "wow". Well that led to a conversation about Fireproof, the Love Dare, and Gary Chapman's discussions about the different love languages everyone has. Now from this point we talked, me, my teen, Deb, and her teen, Sensi, and his friend for another hour. Sensi is also a licensed therapist and does marriage counseling and shared many things he had learned over the years. He shared stories about his kids growing up and their dating. Then somehow we got on the present President. For those of you who may not know I vehemently was and am still opposed to Obama. So much so that one of my kids is afraid he may hunt me down. Alex has actually called him the possible anti-Christ. Well we have actually not talked to Sensi about any of this. He told us some things though that I have really been thinking on. The anti-Christ will come out of Europe and will come from the new Roman Empire. When he said that I looked at Alex who I had many times rolled my eyes and told him he was not the anti-Christ. Alex has been studying government and since he has been studying it I have learned many things I had forgotten. Our government is very much like the Roman Empire in how it operates, it is actually a model of it and we are following in the Roman Empire's foot steps at warp speed. Our country came out of a European country, so there could be a connection, our symbol the eagle is the same as the Roman Empire's symbol. I have thought for years that America was not mentioned in the end times, but after that conversation I'm beginning to think it may be. I have never thought of it like that until he told us that. Of course he went on to say that some people believe that the anti-Christ will be gay since the Bible also says that he would have no desire for a woman. He did not know if that were true or not. But, he also pointed out that the Mayan calendar ends in 2012, 3 years into the Obama presidency. So he left us with this, "if he is shot in the head and rises again then we will know", "of course I already have my ticket purchased and I'm ready to go when the call comes". In essence he does not plan to be here when the end comes and the anti-Christ rises. Very interesting thoughts, especially since so many Christians have a real since of urgency lately to not play church or play around anymore. So deep thoughts I know, but I'm going to leave you with that.

Bri made us cookies ALL BY HERSELF yesterday and Daddy ate almost all of them so she is going to make some more, right now as we speak, and then we are meeting friends for lunch.

God Bless each of you...

Lisa

1 comment:

momstheword said...

My oldest son had to wear braces for quite a bit longer too. Glad your son likes karate. My kids took it for years but noone was interested in pursuing it any longer.