I'm still around, we've just been so busy with the preparations of Christmas and the wrapping up of school activities. I'm happy to say next week is so quiet, at least from a school standpoint, that crickets are actually chirping on that part of my calendar! Of course it is Christmas, and as Eddie so profoundly put it, "I'm sure you'll find something to do." Oh yes honey, I already have!
So I know you noticed the Christmas elves title, and as a tradition in our family, as many of you know, we have two little elves that spend time with us at Christmas time. These little elves have provided many hours of fun and laughter to all of us. They came this year and started out a little slow, they made a few messes, and left a few gifts, but they were fairly quiet. A couple of nights they did not even leave their beds. So I guess they were tired when they arrived here. Boy, have they rested up. Over the last few days they have eaten ALL of the candy off the Gingerbread House that Bri built so carefully. Of course, I think Bri and her friend Dae ate a few pieces of the candy and just let the elves take the blame. They built a ski ramp on our stairs and sprinkled their snow all over the stairs. Last night they even tried to take credit for giving Bri and I earrings that we bought for ourselves yesterday. Yes sir, they put mine in a box complete with bows, and put Bri's earrings in their ears. Then they drew a mustache on sleeping Brianna. I guess they were fairly tired after their day, so they made themselves a marshmallow bubble bath in the sink and were found lounging in there this morning, complete with soap stuck in their clothes. Yes they have truly been stinkers lately!
No comments:
Post a Comment