GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE
I hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving, I know we did. We enjoyed the day just hanging out with each other and of course eating. See the picture of our turkey? Its rather creative don't you think? Brianna made that to hold our bread, and it did hold a bunch of rolls too. We thought she did a great job on it and she was quite proud to have made the centerpiece. Papa had a good time asking her about her turkey too. We really enjoyed just hanging out together and talking about different things, from the presidents past and present and future. Papa told us Agnew had mafia links, which we never knew and found interesting. I enjoyed Papa sharing his naval mechanic days, and Alex found it very interesting when he talked about how the planes landed and took off on the aircraft carriers. Afterwards, Papa wanted to do some work on the garden getting ready to plant in the next few days through February, and you thought the garden work was done didn't you? No way, we have cabbage and broccoli, maybe beets, and I'm not sure what else, but I know it has to be planted during the 12 days of Christmas and I'm sure I'll know what he has in mind by then. Anyway, he has been gathering leaves to mulch and put on the garden. Bri and I spent the afternoon picking up pecans. The pecan trees just started putting out a few years ago, but this is the best year yet. I have 2 five gallon buckets of pecans right now, and that is just from 5 trees. There are probably5 to 6 other trees I have not spent a lot of time with, but Papa has, I just have not had the time really.
In the weeks leading up to Thanksgiving the kids have been diligently working to complete their studies so they can have a long Thanksgiving and Christmas break. Bri succeeded and finished up Tuesday and has been given the reward of no book work (I plan to sneak learning in other ways, shh, don't tell), and Alex has decided he would really like to continue with his math and chemistry up to Christmas. They both have worked very hard this year. Alex has one more chemistry lab at McWane and then we will be done with that for the year. He and Bri also have one more art appreciation class each at the museum. They really are enjoying the art appreciation classes, Alex was certain he would hate this, but Bri was giddy with excitement over it. It has been a very much anticipated class each month, wow, could it be I was right? Nah, not possible.
The kids also tested for their next belt in karate this week. They are going for the yellow belt. I could not get a better picture of them without being a distraction and I did not want to distract. They did a great job on their kata's and I think Bri may have made a 100 on her written test, I did not see Alex's test before he turned it in though. Sensi told them they passed the kata part of their examine though. Way to go guys!!!
Well that is a little wrap up of what we have been up to. For those who may not know Eddie's car engine had to be replaced over these last couple of weeks and we have been playing musical cars. Today his car was ready to be picked up so we got it back and Eddie and I did a little shopping to finish the kids Christmas gifts up. We found some good prices that were not listed in the sales papers on some things we were looking for so we were very pleased. We even enjoyed a lunch together. Its nice that Alex is old enough to look after Bri for a few hours while we get away and enjoy each others company for awhile. I really thought the crowds were down though, it was like a busy Saturday for the most part to me.
Now its Iron Bowl time --- ROLL TIDE!!!!!! Then the Christmas season and decorating can begin....
Until next time I wish you many blessings and peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment