Then there were birthday parties, fall festivals, Halloween parties, art, piano, scouts, lab class. Of course for Alex no Halloween time would be complete without a visit to at least one haunted house. So in that keeping he got together with about 6 other friends and went to Atrox. They had a blast! They asked me why I did not ever go through the haunted houses with them. I told them life was scary enough without paying someone to scare the crap out of you. Just watch the news! Or better yet, learn about Obama, it will scare the snot out of you!
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
What's Up?
The last few weeks have been FULL. Since we returned from Ft. Morgan we have been on the go. We had a DUI course for Alex one morning. While he learned about the dangers and consequences of drunk driving, Bri got to skate. Can you tell she is happy about that?
This is Alex in his "car" with goggles that give the distorted vision that a drunk driver may have. This was a very good program. They had to walk the white line, touch their nose, and drive around the track, and through the cone maze. If they hit the side it represented the ditch, and the cones were people. Alex kept his car on the road, but he killed three people. In the kids defense, I asked the man who set this up if it was truly possible to navigate the cones and he said yes, as long as they did not hit the first cone, which means they would have to be the first one through the cones. The cones were really tight. It did make the kids think about how your balance, and vision are affected. I wish I had brought the video camera because they were so off balance with the goggles on. One of the boys started talking to me, but he was looking way to the left of me and I had to grab his hand and tell him this way. Great course!
The American Girl Club went to Wilson's Florist and Wedding Chapel. It was a very interesting tour. The girls got to see where they keep the flowers in the refrigerator, a big walk-in refrigerator, which was amazing to them. She showed them how to make a bouquet and gave them each a rose, and the mom's got one too! Then she took them to the Wedding Chapel part, we saw the groom's room, the bride's room, the chapel, and the outside wedding area. The girls loved it! They even fixed a "reception" for the girls.



We love science in this house! For Bri it is the most awesome subject ever to study!! In this picture she learned how to make a balloon shish kabob. She learned about polymers and the lesson was brought home with this little experiment.
Here she is showing her dad a science experiment from earlier in the day. The question is can electricity be conduced through fresh water or salt water best? Salt water is the answer because salt has positive and negative ions which are needed for electricity to conduce. Duh!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks for stopping by my blog and welcome. I loved your photos. The top one brought back many memories of roller skating parties during elementary school. Gosh I miss those days.
Noticed you as a follower on my blog, so I thought I would stop by and meet you. Your children really are precious! Bri does look excited about the skating. How fun.
Last year for my birthday I was crazy enough to take 8 kids ice skating. I love kids, none of my own, so I borrowed 8. They had a blast and it was one of my best birthdays on record even though my ankles aren't the strongest!
I'll have to stop by more.
Post a Comment